Changing room and showers are now open!
|Monday – Friday||6:00 – 7:00 AM|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||9:00-10:00 AM |
(summers 9:30-10:30 AM)
|Saturday||6:30 – 8:00 AM|
Dues & Registration
$85/month plus a $85 annual membership fee payable when you join ($43 after July 1. You pay $85 then are credited back $42) and then annually on January 1.
Orinda Aquatics Masters
Please complete the registration process on-line by clicking on the Orinda Aquatics registration page. This will include emergency contacts and medical information and you will also be asked to pay your annual registration fee of $85 at that time. Shortly after you register, you will receive a confirmation via email with instructions on how to sign up for monthly dues billing.
US Masters Registration
All those who work out as a Masters swimmer must be registered with U.S. Masters Swimming. The annual fee is $60 with checks made payable to Pacific Masters Swimming. You can either mail the form in or register on-line with a credit card at the Pacific Masters Swimming website.
Our Swimmer Profile
All types of swimmers belong to OA Masters, ranging from novice to Olympic Champion (Karen Moe Humphreys) and an English Channel Swimmer (Ranie Pearce). We may have different aquatic backgrounds but we share a love of the water and of swimming for fun and fitness. Some of us compete in swim meets, open water swims and triathlons although most do not. Many joined OAM after extended absences from swimming while some are just now learning to swim competitively. All are welcome! And if you are not sure, try us out for free for a week and see what you think. You just have to be 19 or older to join.
Our Director and Coaches
We are very proud of our Director/Coach Dominic Patterson and our Coach Bill Aden.
- Graduated from the University of Colorado – Boulder, with a M.S. in Exercise Physiology in 1992.
- BAM assistant swim coach from 1993 until 2011.
- Founder/CEO of the Boulder Swimming Academy in 2003, which operated until March of 2011.
- In 2011, she left Boulder to help friends create a swim school in Mesa, Arizona. The Swim School never materialized.
- Not one for the 100+ degree heat, she jumped on the opportunity to move to the Bay Area to work at Orinda Country Club with legendary youth recreational coach, Steve Haufler, where she worked as a summer rec swim coach, swim lesson program director, and assistant masters coach from April of 2012 through April of 2018.
- In Moraga, she also coached with the Orinda Aquatics Masters program from the fall of 2012, through 2015.
- She spent 2014-2019 as the Speed Swimming coach for the USA Synchronized Swimming National Team.
- She assisted with the Cal Masters swim program for about 2 years before being hired as the
- Aquatics Director/Youth Rec Swim Team Coach/Masters coach for Moraga Country Club, from late February of 2018, until recently.
- Returned to Boulder for the summer to unwind after a long previous three years, and to reunite with friends and family and swimmers she missed seeing much of the past decade.
- And now we are so delighted that Tiffany is back at Orinda Aquatics.
Bill is Head Coach of the Montclair Swim Team, a USA-Swimming age-group program in Oakland. He has been there since 1992. Prior to that Bill enjoyed early success coaching both recreational and high school teams back East. More recently he has spoken at numerous coaches’ clinics in Northern California, addressing topics in stroke technique and teaching.
Besides coaching, Bill has taught high school and middle school English and continues to tutor. He has a Bachelor’s degree in English and philosophy from Bates College in Maine.
Bill coaches the Orinda Aquatics Masters program on MWF from 9-10 AM. As part of his workouts, Bill always includes a “Drill with Bill” session which focuses on a specific stroke or a stroke element. These are always done in a very creative way to better increase the understanding of his lessons. It is a privilege to have Bill as part of our coaching staff.
The beautiful Soda Aquatic Center is located on the Campolindo High School campus in Moraga, Ca. The Masters group swims in the competition pool which is 50m x 25y, 8 x 20 lanes, 7-10 feet deep, outdoors, heated to 80°F. This pool is considered to be one of the fastest pools in the country.
Soda Aquatic Center
Campolindo High School
300 Moraga Road
Moraga, CA 94556