Orinda Aquatics Masters is the largest adult swim program that is open to the public in Lamorinda. OAM consists of a group of adults who enjoy swimming as a part of their personal well-being plan. The team has a range of swimmers, from those who competed formerly at a very high level nationally and/or they competed in college, to the lap swimmer who desires more.
It is not at all uncommon for adults to take up this sport later in life, and have it become something to do consistently for many years. As a matter of fact, OAM offers an introductory Swimming 101 class each January, to teach any ADULTS interested in learning the four competitive strokes. This class ends just before the Lamorinda Spring Break.
OAM offers more than just weekly swim practices. In addition to the practices 🡪
- We encourage swim meet participation (locally and nationally);
- Open water swimming – participating both as a group swimming casually locally, as well as attending some open water swim competitions
- We offer monthly stroke clinics – open to the public for a higher fee
- Swimming 101 runs January through just before Spring Break (10-12 weeks)
- Access to professional video stroke analysis
- Quarterly social events – varied in nature