Head Coach Tiffany Forbes
Tiffany is an experienced, accomplished coach who brings her expertise to OAM.
- Graduated from the University of Colorado – Boulder, with a M.S. in Exercise Physiology in 1992.
- BAM assistant swim coach from 1993 until 2011.
- Founder/CEO of the Boulder Swimming Academy in 2003, which operated until March of 2011.
- In 2011, she left Boulder to help friends create a swim school in Mesa, Arizona. The Swim School never materialized.
- Not one for the 100+ degree heat, she jumped on the opportunity to move to the Bay Area to work at Orinda Country Club with legendary youth recreational coach, Steve Haufler, where she worked as a summer rec swim coach, swim lesson program director, and assistant masters coach from April of 2012 through April of 2018.
- In Moraga, she also coached with the Orinda Aquatics Masters program from the fall of 2012, through 2015.
- She spent 2014-2019 as the Speed Swimming coach for the USA Synchronized Swimming National Team.
- She assisted with the Cal Masters swim program for about 2 years before being hired as the
- Aquatics Director/Youth Rec Swim Team Coach/Masters coach for Moraga Country Club, from late February of 2018, until recently.
- Returned to Boulder for the summer to unwind after a long previous three years, and to reunite with friends and family and swimmers she missed seeing much of the past decade.
- And now we are so delighted that Tiffany is back at Orinda Aquatics.
Coach Bill Aden
Bill is Head Coach of the Montclair Swim Team, a USA-Swimming age-group program in Oakland. He has been there since 1992. Prior to that Bill enjoyed early success coaching both recreational and high school teams back East. More recently he has spoken at numerous coaches’ clinics in Northern California, addressing topics in stroke technique and teaching.
Besides coaching, Bill has taught high school and middle school English and continues to tutor. He has a Bachelor’s degree in English and philosophy from Bates College in Maine.
Bill coaches the Orinda Aquatics Masters program on MWF from 9-10 AM. As part of his workouts, Bill always includes a “Drill with Bill” session which focuses on a specific stroke or a stroke element. These are always done in a very creative way to better increase the understanding of his lessons. It is a privilege to have Bill as part of our coaching staff.
Coach Dominic Patterson
Dom was born in Oakland and moved to the Lamorinda area as a teenager. He swam for the Berkeley Bear Swim Club, the Walnut Creek Aquabears, Orinda Aquatics and Campolindo High School.
Dom attended DVC where he was an All-American in the 200 IM and 100 Breaststroke. He graduated from Sacramento State University.
His coaching experience includes LMYA, the Arden Hills Otters in Sacramento, Del Amigo and of course Orinda Aquatics Masters. Dom has a passion for working with both young and older athletes. His enthusiasm and energy is electrifying.